Reading at home
10 Benefits children gain from reading
- Their vocabulary is larger and more extensive.
- They perform better academically.
- Their imagination can run wild.
- Their creativity skills develop.
- They develop empathy.
- They gain a deeper understanding of their world.
- Their concentration levels improve.
- The parent and child bond improves.
- Their cognitive development is supported.
- Their social skills and interaction improve.
Follow this BookTrust link for ideas about how to foster a love of reading in all of your children - from babies to teens!