PE at our school
The children will learn about…
- Good sportsmanship.
- Team games and athletics.
- How physical activity helps us to stay healthy.
- Gymnastic skills.
- Dance in response to different stimulus.
The intent of our PE curriculum is to enable children to develop their skills in physical activity, understanding the importance of physical activity to stay healthy. To be able to celebrate and talk about the achievements of others, showing good sportsmanship.
The children will develop skills in…
- Team games using simple defending and attacking tactics.
- Sportsmanship and celebrating the achievements of themselves and others.
- Basic movements including running, jumping, throwing and catching.
- Balance, agility and co-ordination.
- Personal care and how to stay healthy.
- Perform dances uses simple patterns and movements.
What will they use…
- The power of Talk/discussion.
- Opportunities to take part in competitions.
- Whole school/year group sporting events.
- Regular physical activity.
- A variety of sports equipment.
- A range of apparatus.