Equality Statement 2020
Field Place Infant School is committed to ensuring equality of provision throughout the school. Our policies and procedures ensure that there is equality of opportunity for all children. Our policy reflects the Equality Act of 2010 and ensures that all children are treated equally and given the support they need to succeed.
The Act sets out the Protected Characteristics - sex, race, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity. At Field Place Infant School all children, parents/carers and staff will be treated with respect.
Our equality objectives are as follows:
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experiences, both in and beyond the school.
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities.
- To ensure that all pupils are given similar opportunities with regards to after-school clubs and activities.
- To allow equal access to information for all parents.
- To ensure the school environment is as accessible as possible to staff and visitors.
- To ensure that all children receive the support they need to access the curriculum.
- To ensure the school is well resourced to support the emotional needs of all pupils