Parent Letter 1st October 2021
Well it has been one busy and productive month and there is a lot to report upon as we reflect on the start of the school year. The biggest news for me has been how well the new Reception children have started and it is a real pleasure to see them in class and in particular, the lunch hall where they have been setting the standard for fantastic eating! In fact, I was coming over from Orchards and thought I was early as I could not hear any noise but they were all in there!
I have loved showing parents around the school and it is with great pride that I share with them the good things that are going on at the school. The happy faces and welcome of the children is heartwarming and I really appreciate that a great deal.
Thank you to the parents who have supported our Key stage 1 and Early Years Reading meetings – this partnership is so important to your child’s progress and judging by the numbers we have lots of you on board for this particular journey.
The Ofsted Inspection visit was a bit of start to the year and although I am unable to share the details with you until publication, I would make the following judgements:
1. The children were magnificent and I could not have asked for more from them
2. The staff were brilliant and so were you parents – your positive comments in the survey and on the gate were a significant feature
3. There were no new things to improve upon that had not already been included in the School Improvement Plan devised this month, which has been put together with views from all stakeholders, so we can be confident we are evaluating well.
A few things I have noticed so far:
- School uniform has been excellent and I would like to thank you for all your support on this. A well-presented child usually does well in class so there is a good reason for making this effort.
- The Behaviour of the children has generally been very good and those who have transgressed have undertaken the consequences well, showing an improvement in their approach which is encouraging
- The positive nature of the pick up and drop off each day has been wonderful. I enjoy the smiles and happy faces each day so thank you so much for making this such a positive experience for all.
We began the partnership with Orchards Junior under the ‘Stronger Together’ maxim and I have no doubt we are already seeing the fruits of this union. It is a real pleasure and privilege to be part of the Field Place team and I thank you all for your continued support.