Week beginning 18.5.20
During this period of partial closure Field Place Infant and Nursery School continues to be open for provision for vulnerable pupils and children of key workers. Irrespective of any partial closure or collaboration with another school, the safeguarding of all our children remains our top priority. At this time, our school will continue as normal in supporting our vulnerable children and if anyone has any questions regarding this, they are asked to make contact with Theresa Alford, Headteacher 01903 700234. Please contact the school if you have any queries (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please find attached the learning newsletters for this week.
I have also attached a letter from West Sussex County Council in regard to the proposed return to school for some children on June 1st. We continue to receive information and guidance from both the Government and West Sussex County Council. This means that we have a lot of thinking and planning to do before details of the return can be finalised. I realise that many of you need more information about how the return to school will work before you make a final decision on whether you wish your child to return at this time.
At this stage, I am able to confirm the following points:
- The school will have a staggered start and finish to the day. This means that you will be given a window of time when you will need to bring your child/children to school. We will ensure that this works for families of more than one child and will do our best to plan with the Orchards as well.
- The guidance states that only one parent should bring the child to school to support social distancing.
- Parents will be given information about how they are expected to socially distance at drop off and pick up time.
- Parents will not be allowed to enter the school site. We realise this will be difficult for some children and we are working on the best way for children to be collected from the gate by their teacher or support assistant.
- Class sizes will be no larger than 15. This means that not all children can be with their usual class teacher or in their normal classroom.
- Timetabling will be in place to ensure that classes are not having direct contact with other classes. Each group of 15, their teacher and possibly teaching assistant, will work together so that contact across the school is minimised.
- Additional cleaning will take place throughout the day and at the end of the day.
- We are planning to reduce the shared use of equipment wherever possible. However, children within their class group will be allowed to play together using equipment which will be cleaned regularly.
- Children will be washing their hands regularly throughout the day.
I hope to be able to give you further details and information soon. I realise that there are many more issues to consider but wanted to give you a basic outline of how things will look. I am not, at this point, able to answer any questions regarding individual children so please bear with us as we continue to work on the risk assessments and planning.